The HSE gives guidance relating the operation of lifting equipment including commercial vehicle tail lifts. Also published are approved codes of practice on the competence and training of staff using lifting equipment.
LS&C provides tail lift training for drivers and those persons involved in loading and unloading of vehicles.. The training can take place using either the customers own equipment or our own tail lift vehicles.
The course consists of theoretical and practical sessions with particular emphasis on hands on experience of tail lift operation.
- Responsibilities under HASAW 1974, PUWER 98, LOLER 98
- Safe Operator Practices
- Pre-use Checks
- Daily and weekly maintenance schedules
- Factors affecting stability
- Controls Mounting and dismounting from vehicle
- Parking a vehicle
- Observing the highway code
- Observing the working environment, suitability for loading and unloading
- Lifting and lowering of the tail lift
- Loading and unloading from the tail lift
- Unfastening, fastening and stowing away the tail lift safely
- Cantilever tail lifts
- Column tail lifts
- Tuck away tail lifts
- Slips trips and falls
- Use of pallet trucks
Continuous assessments will be made of candidates during the practical elements of the training followed by formal theoretical and practical skills testing in order to demonstrate competence.
Successful completion of the course will lead to the issue of an accredited ITSSAR certificate.
Contact us today for more information.
Download this as a PDF Factsheet: Tail Lift